Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
Have only been maintaining a pool with SWG for a short time, so your collective advice is appreciated. Moved into a house with an old SWG cell, replaced 4th of July weekend, levels have been maintained using TFP method, no issues with cell after initial installation. Decided to add borates to the pool this weekend after doing some reading; followed the borates sticky and used Pool Math. This AM, added 1/2 of muriatic acid and 1/2 of Borax. Brushed lots. A few hours later, added rest of acid and borax. Went to check the system, and now the system has a solid light "Check system" and states that I need to Inspect Cell. The salt reading is 3200, my FC is 11.5 (high purposefully because last time we messed with the chemistry the FC dropped very low).

My readings from this am are fine:
FC 11.5, CC<.5, pH 7.4, TA 80, CYA 50, Borates 15.

From looking online, the solid check system light means that my cell isn't working??? And that I need to immediately figure out what is going on so that my FC doesn't drop...

What do I do? Turn off the system and check the cell? Unplug the whole thing? I can't imagine that a brand new cell would be scaled-

Thoughts are appreciated! I know that I can't reliably check pH during the borates addition, but is the FC reading accurate right now? I can go ahead and check that, but don't want to waste the chemical test drops...

You may need to reset the cell by unplugging it then waiting a moment before plugging it back in. Also sometimes the filter might be having issues and passing debris through and that gets stuck in the salt cell. So you might want to check that while you wait for the power cycle to complete. Fairly quick and painless process

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Okay-- so the borax may have clogged the cell, so, do we just rinse it or do we need to do the whole 1/4 part muriatic acid and water rinse? Thanks,

The acid process is to remove calcium buildups, as this would be a brand new cell. There should be no need to do the acid wash process. You should be able to just rinse the cell completely then look at the sensor rods, situated between the flow switch and the anode rods and ensure there is no obstacle there.

The acid process is to remove calcium buildups, as this would be a brand new cell. There should be no need to do the acid wash process. You should be able to just rinse the cell completely then look at the sensor rods, situated between the flow switch and the anode rods and ensure there is no obstacle there.

He has a Hayward T-15. The flow switch is seperate from the cell. He probably just needs to spray water through the cell and look inside for anything on the plates. Restart the system and hold the button in for a few seconds to reset.

It's just a timed reminder. Go to default menu and press the > button until it says "check cell. Press + to reset". Press + to reset.

The cell is probably fine. Take a look inside just to make sure it's clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.