Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Cleaner Ordered: Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel and other stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

New Cleaner Ordered: Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel and other stuff

I have trees and flowers next to my pool, so I have to clean daily, literally. I just ordered the Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel drive version, and the Skim-A-Round floating skimmer with the attachment to hook up to my Poolvergnuegen. I also purchased the leaf canister, so I think I should be in a good shape.

Poolvergnuegen - drives along the bottom cleaning while dragging the skimmer with it.
    Skim-A-Round - cruises on the surface grabbing leafs and dead bugs being pulled by Poolvergnuegen
    Leaf Canister - Catches the bigger stuff

I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. This is my attempt to gain my 30 minutes back a day. If it doesn't work the trees / bushes / flowers will have to go.
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New Cleaner Ordered: Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel and other stuff

I love my Poolvergnuegen and leaf canister, they work awesome I leave mine in the pool all year...

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

My 4-wheel cleaner is 2 years old and I'm glad I got it. It lives in the pool year round and runs 1 hour a day. I just changed the tires, the only "repair" I've done. In the fall I get some large seed pods -- the size of jumbo olives -- that fall in and sink to the bottom. If it eats 2 or 3 at once they get jammed in the turbine. Sometimes I can shake them out, sometimes I need to open the top. That's my only complaint. This year I'll try temporarily removing some of the turbine blades to see if the pods pass through to the canister.
    20' x 40' 30,000 gallon IG Plaster with Spa, wading pool, fountain built 1993
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo / 2HP fountain pump / 2 HP spa jet punp / Jandy Ji8000 controller with IntelliComm II interface to IntelliFlo
    Crystal Water Aqua Clean 60 Sq ft DE filter / FlowVis Flow / Stenner DIY Chlorinator / The Poolcleaner 4-wheel / Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the personal input. I am very excited. Luckily, I do not have any large seed pods.
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005