So after battling a gross green algea filled bacteria breeding grounds I decided to drain and start from square 1..drained, scrubbed pressure washed..got all the hoses I could round up and started to fill. I have awful well water so I got my zip ties and socks and attached to my hoses..got up the next morning eager to see the progress my herd of hoses had made..only to find that my socks had failed me and I now had a 3/4 full bowl of poop soup😲..
After searching and watching videos inset out on my mission to make a super filter out of a 5 gallon bucket and polyfill..
Plundered in my husbands shop for a few minutes and found all of the things I needed, which was not a whole lot surprisingly..got my bucket and lid drilled holes in half of the bottom of bucket, found my 2 oldest pillows off the bed and robbed them of their stuffing, filled my bucket, my bucket was an old paint bucket with a hole already in it that paint is poured through so worked perfect, capped off the output water flow, used the hose that runs from my pump to the return outlet and ran directly into the hole in the lid of bucket, sealed with silicone caulking, ziptied the bucket to my ladder to secure it and let her rip..
I turned on the redneck filter yesterday evening..didn't run through the night turned back on this morning so has ran a total of 5 hours so far..
I AM SPEECHLESS.. AMAZED..IN AWE..ONE HAPPY FREAKING MOMMA..
I can't believe it is working. Yesterday I couldn't see my hand 3 inches into the water..now I can see the bottom completely.. Every leaf lol I'm so happy!! Will keep you posted on the final outcome!!