Intellibrite and Globate too bright

JKMack

Dec 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
New, small plunge pool with two GloBrite White LED's and a single IntelliBrite White LED and we're finding they are obnoxiously bright. The single IntelliBrite is near the surface and points toward our raised spa - so sitting in the spa at night feels like we're being interrogated.

I'm told none of them are dimmable, but have read in the Pentair manual that the GloBrites ship from factory at 100% brightness and have 3 brightness levels. I only see it addressing how to adjust these if they're on a wall switch by doing an "OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON" to get it to 50% brightness. Can't imagine doing that everytime - does anyone know a way to permanently lower the brightness on the GloBrites to 50%? Any way to lower the brightness on the IntelliBrite? Thinking of trying to apply some sort of tinted film to the lenses if it's not possible...

Thanks!

I have no information on the Pentair lights, however on the Hayward equivalents, in order to dim them you need to have a separate light network module plugged into the main automation panel. Perhaps there is such a requirement to gain full control over the Pentair lights as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.