Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite and Globate too bright

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Angeles, CA

Intellibrite and Globate too bright

New, small plunge pool with two GloBrite White LED's and a single IntelliBrite White LED and we're finding they are obnoxiously bright. The single IntelliBrite is near the surface and points toward our raised spa - so sitting in the spa at night feels like we're being interrogated.

I'm told none of them are dimmable, but have read in the Pentair manual that the GloBrites ship from factory at 100% brightness and have 3 brightness levels. I only see it addressing how to adjust these if they're on a wall switch by doing an "OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON" to get it to 50% brightness. Can't imagine doing that everytime - does anyone know a way to permanently lower the brightness on the GloBrites to 50%? Any way to lower the brightness on the IntelliBrite? Thinking of trying to apply some sort of tinted film to the lenses if it's not possible...

5200 Gal. Plaster Plunge Pool/Raised Spa w/spillover
    Intellitouch, IntelliFlows, Intellichlor SWG, Raypak 400k Heater, 2 GloBrites 1 IntelliBrite LEDs. Screenlogic...

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Central MD

Re: Intellibrite and Globate too bright

I have no information on the Pentair lights, however on the Hayward equivalents, in order to dim them you need to have a separate light network module plugged into the main automation panel. Perhaps there is such a requirement to gain full control over the Pentair lights as well.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013