intex pump won't turn OFF

May 2, 2015
Macon, GA
Hey pool buddies! Ya'll were so helpful to me when I was setting my pool up this spring. Now I have a completely different problem than all info I can find anywhere,

My Intex Sand Water Pump and saltwater system does not turn off at the end of the cycle. I have mine on a 5 hour cycle. At the end of the allotted time, the SLEEP light comes on and it flashes 93 which I know is what it is supposed to do. However, the pump doesn't turn OFF. it continues to circulate, with the SLEEP light on and eventually the flashing 93 goes away.

I have unplugged/replugged, reset the buttons on the plug, put it in plain filter mode, reset the time for an hour (so I wouldn't have to wait so long to see if it would turn off)

Nothing like this is in my manual and all I can find online are people whose pump won't come on.

Of the 2, I would much rather have my not turning off problem. At least I can manually turn it off and on.

Do any of ya'll have any knowledge/experience in this pump oddity?

Thanks!!

I've never used the pump/SWG combo unit, but the regular Intex pumps have a 3-position switch: off, always on, and timer. Does yours have this too, and if so, is it in the always on position?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.