Antifreeze question

Hi all.

It' almost that time to close my AG pool.

It has been crystal clear all season with no issues ever thanks to here and the BBB method.

That said, I've read tons of posts about RV antifreeze for lines and the pump, but can't seem to find anything on the sand filter.

We are moving it to the shed but it will be freezing in there during the dead of Winter. As well, going forward, with a deck next year, we won't be able to remove it. We are going to do the method of closing in pool school with water, chemicals, water temp etc but not sure if antifreeze is needed in the filter since that will have to stay covered out by the pool or in the shed in the cold. The hoses, pump, etc will be stored away.

What is the best method to make sure no damage will occur to the filter? My husband said to put antifreeze in the filter should work. He used to install water conditioners and that was method but this is different I know.

Any advice?

There is a drain at the bottom of the sand filter. Make sure you leave the drain plug off all winter once you have drained the system. Remove pressure gauge as well, and move valve to "winter" setting. No antifreeze in sand filter!

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.