Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nichless Pool Lights do not Work

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Nichless Pool Lights do not Work

Hey guys,

I have two niche less pool lights that require a special key to unscrew. I did order the key but its no special order for a few weeks

I had my father in law who is an electrician check the switch and breakers and they both were OK. We opened the two boxes and one just had the waterproofing wires that ran to the smaller box which had the transformer that converted them from 120 to 12v, which also went to the switch.

The lights were installed in 2012 can they burn out that quick?

I snorkeled under and saw on the lights next step products LLC I googled it and it takes me to SAVI Lights, so I assume thats what they are. There is some condensation in the lense, but it doesn't appear to have water in them.

Any idea if its the actual lights?
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nichless Pool Lights do not Work

There are numerous threads on here reporting similar results with Savi brand lights of that era
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Nichless Pool Lights do not Work

thank you Isaac. I googled each forum.
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005