Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding CYA to the skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding CYA to the skimmer

I just purchased some Conditioner today (CYA) and it stated to... Splash 5lb pouch

1. Mix half of the amount required in a plastic bucket of warm water. Stir the mixture with a plastic or wooden utensil.
    2. Remove the skimmer basket, set to maximum suction and slowly pour mixture directly into skimmer.
    3. Wait 2-4 hours and repeat above directions with the other half of required amount.
    4. Avoid cleaning the filter for 72 hours to allow for all product to be dissolved into the pool water.

I followed the instructions, but now I'm half paranoid after reading these comments
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Adding CYA to the skimmer

Don't clean your filter for a week or you will wash out your cya. Here is how we recommend adding CYA, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach