Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How wot know when RC 35/22 Cell needs replaced?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question How wot know when RC 35/22 Cell needs replaced?

Hey guys, does anyone know when I should replace the cell? The volts and amps seem to change frequently. Currently it shows

cell: 17V 4.9A

Power Level: 5A (whats this?)
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How wot know when RC 35/22 Cell needs replaced?

The Pool Pilot Digital Nano units use one single power level of 5.0 amps. Some of the other Pool Pilot units on the market can run at lower or higher amp levels. The 5A reading on your power level setting shows that the Digital Nano is programmed properly from the factory.

17 volts and 4.9a is a good and proper reading for a Digital Nano however you have to make sure that the system is able to properly maintain this over a period of an hour or so with the unit in boost mode. The voltage should be in the mid teens to low twenties with 5.0 amps (the amps have very little room to move however readings such as 4.9 or 5.1 are both fine). When a cell needs to be replaced your voltage will increase and your amps will decrease.

Are you seeing any issues with the system and/or the chlorine reading?
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

its rained over the last few days, so I didnt do the boost test. I checked it today and my salt was down 100ppm, but check this new reading out.. What does this mean?

Should I proceed with the boost test?

CELL: 0V 5.0A
    IMG_2369 (1).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like you got your answer in your other thread.
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test