Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater problem

I have a Sta - rite SR 400 HD that I bought six months ago, the heater start ( the blower) then the burner comes on for few seconds and turn off it does the same few times the heater turns off and the service the heater light comes on.
    Any thoughts as to the problem/
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Heater problem

maybe flame sensor
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I that the stak flue sensor?
    Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

No. in the burner chamber there is either a separate flame sensor or it is part of the igniter. I did not look up the schematics for this unit so i am not sure which it will be.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

The ignitor is the flame sensor on this unit. Are you getting an error code when it shuts off?

If it is 6 months old, did you buy it and have it professionally installed? It should be under warranty if new.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    The ignitor is the flame sensor on this unit. Are you getting an error code when it shuts off?

If it is 6 months old, did you buy it and have it professionally installed? It should be under warranty if new.
    No when it shut off, but on re start shows r 13
    I bought it on the internet and had it professionally installed, but the installer doesn't appear to know what is wrong??
    Tks.