Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Ground Pool Wall Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Ground Pool Wall Problem

I don't know if this is a stupid question and I'm sorry in advance if it is. We have a 24' round above ground pool that was installed in July of 2014. We live in central NY were winters can get cold and snowy. The problem is that we can hear the steel creaking around the pool. It is especially noticeable when there are people swimming. When a rush of water hits one of the walls the steel creaks and then settles.Is this something we should get checked out or is this normal? Is it just settling?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above Ground Pool Wall Problem

Really not enough to hazard a guess I think. Are the top rails all level within an inch? Any posts sinking? Sides pulling away from any uprights any where and scraping occasionally? Any top rails or channels loose?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Above Ground Pool Wall Problem

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Really not enough to hazard a guess I think. Are the top rails all level within an inch? Any posts sinking? Sides pulling away from any uprights any where and scraping occasionally? Any top rails or channels loose?
    Agree. Check everything.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter