Pentair Intelliflo VF Clock Backup Battery?

Jon B

Jun 17, 2016
St Pete, FL
My Intelliflo's clock resets to midnight if the power is disabled for more than a few seconds.

Pentair customer service confirmed it should retain the time for 96 hours, and stated that if it wasn't, something was wrong with "the capacitor that holds the time." The only thing that could fix this is "replacing the drive," which they didn't recommend because "it's as expensive as the whole pump."

They couldn't tell me if the capacitor was field replaceable (I assumed there was a watch battery on the board--apparently not.)

Has anyone else experience this or found a solution (short of replacing the whole pump)?

Thanks,
Jon

The only way pentair will "provide" a new drive unit replacement is via warranty. There's really no user serviceable parts inside the drive unit as it is supposed to be hermetically sealed from factory to end of life. You could though find replacements via resellers, the model numbers would need to match though. How old is your pump? Pentair covers these pumps with a 3 year warranty if professionally installed

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

"supposed to be hermetically sealed"
There was a TFP member who was able to get into the "supposed to be hermetically sealed" board. Do some thread searching. I think he was able to dry out his board and if memory serves me , LOL, I think he replaced or was able to test parts on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

"supposed to be hermetically sealed"
There was a TFP member who was able to get into the "supposed to be hermetically sealed" board. Do some thread searching. I think he was able to dry out his board and if memory serves me , LOL, I think he replaced or was able to test parts on the board.

I found this posted by JEFPETESN, HOPE IT HELPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: LCD Screen on Pentair IntelliFlo gone bad

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this subject: I purchased a used intelliflo VS on Craigslist "practically new" and "guaranteed" to work. Got it home and powered it up to check and guess what? Pump worked but no display! Called the guy back and he refused to do anything so I thought I was really screwed on this one. Been reading through the threads on this issue and thought I really didn't have anything to loose by taking the display apart and having a look around.

I found that inside the drive unit there were no signs of moisture or corrosion. I took the display apart and noticed that the LCD screen is held against a row of spring contacts simply by the pressure of the display case front. When I first removed the display unit it rattled when I shook it. I lightly cleaned the contacts even though they looked clean. When I reassembled it I applied a very thin strip of foam weather strip across the top of the LCD display before I snapped the top cover back on. This kept the LCD display in firm contact with the spring contacts. Reassembled the drive unit and when I reconnected the pump everything worked like new.

So I think the display issues others are experiencing are due to the LCD unit being loose and not making contact with the spring contacts. I do not think it is a corrosion issue. While I would not want to leave the display exposed to rain, it appeared to me that the drive unit is well sealed from the elements and it would be very difficult for moisture to enter it.

Just my opinion and what I observed on the one I have.

Jeff

I am in the same boat. Power went out last night but we have a standby generator that comes on about 30 seconds later but clock was reset to midnight when the generator came online so had to reset clock on pump.

As an aside, whomever "designed" the user interface for the pump should be made to make changes for eternity in h@lll. None of the buttons make any sense, sometime needing to press back, sometimes, escape and sometime select but always seemingly a random choice.

Regards,

Reactions: Cwiggs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.