Just finished AA stain treatment

snoopy55

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2009
Dothan AL
Finished AA stain treatment a week ago. Working to get the numbers right for the long run. Amazing how good the pool looked after the treatment. Here are my morning numbers. The FC is starting to hold now for 2 days.

FC 5.5
PH 7.5
CC 0
CYA 80
TA 90
CH 380
Salt 3200
Temp 85

I may have over done the CH. I've noticed a post that recommends 250-350. Should this be a problem and should I shoot for a lower PH. The water didn't feel real good yesterday and is a bit cloudy.

Yes I did and I think I over did it. I'm working on getting the pool volume down pat. I originally thought 21000 with calculations but should probably use less. Possibly 18,000. I'm going to redo it today and do sections. The CH had dropped to 200 and I had not watched it. So making a big change caused me to go over. I know better too! Also never having a sand filter before I thought I didn't have to back wash except maybe once a year. Well, that was totally wrong also. The muck that came out was dreadful....... I've since backwashed twice now, once since the AA treatment and still had lots of green in the filter. So after this am backwash I hope the sand problem will be fixed and my water will sparkle again soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.