Desperately Seeking Help Understanding Taylors Test Kit

Jul 9, 2016
Bellevue Nebraska
It has been years since chemistry class and I can't remember if I took chemistry.

I've had the pool for about 6 to 8 weeks and due to my mom going into Assisted Living we haven't enjoyed the pool as we planned. And unfortunately I was testing my pool using the strip tests. Now I've noticed algae or what I think is algae and this is my second night of brushing, vacuuming and shocking the pool. It's looking good but now I really need to figure out how to test the water. Can anyone suggest a great youtube video that would be helpful? I have to see someone doing the test to actually understand it. Or if someone can explain it to me like a three year old. LOL

Also, from there how do I find out how much chemicals do I add to my pool as I'm using the BBB method? Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to any info you can provide.

I sound so needy but I actually am. :p Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :) It's great to hear that you plan to take control of your pool by learning, testing and determining your own needs.

This article is very helpful: TFPC for Beginners

I hope everything went oK with your mom. That's a challenging time in our lives.

Thank you Pooldv, MarianParoo and needsajet!!! I have been searching the internet, reading everything I can and watching all the videos I find. I am definitely going to check out the links you provided as it is so confusing.

And we had purchased our pool and arranged for installment days before my mom went into the hospital. My head is spinning from everything going on but getting mom in Assisted Living has been a transition. I've hoping to get my pool chemistry corrected and get in the pool a few times before we have to close it.

Thanks again!!

It is pretty easy to do the tests, with the possible exception of the CYA test. If you can make instant coffee and count to 20 then you should have no problems doing the tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.