Closing pool in Macon, GA

Rexd

Aug 23, 2016
Macon, GA
My 7 year old pool, sadly to say, has received only the attention required to keep it usable. That considered, it is in pretty good shape. For the last few years, it has not actually been closed and covered. This year, I plan to cover it, mostly because of the many leaves that fall into it. I need to know what to do to it prior to covering. Freezing is not a normal condition here, so I do not need to "winterize". Any suggestions?

I never close mine so I'll leave specific instruction to others. But, what I will say is don't be too quick to close early. Close late after the water is cold, lower than 60 degrees if possible

I would just put the cover on it, cut the pump down too an hour a day and just keep FC at recommend level. Your chlorine demand will drop quite a bit with the cover on. In the fall I run my pump a month before I blow the lines and that's all with the cover on. Also in the spring I hook up the pump and run it a month before I remove the cover.

Your situation is pretty simple and easy to do because you don't need to blow lines and pull the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.