Jul 13, 2016
Dallas,GA
Hello! My first post.. We set up our pool in mid July. All has went pretty good. Very happy with the set up. So my only issue I am having so far is that I have over shot my CYA a bit. I tested tonight when I got home. CYA was 65 FC 8 and CC 0. So I would like to be more like 35 on my CYA and 5 on my FC. I dumped about 6 inches of was which should be around 1600 gallons. I refilled with fresh tap water (city water) that shows no CYA really at all. I just rechecked the levels and really didn't see a change. So my question is should I keep at it weekend dumping water. Or does it take time for the change to show up? Should I do a larger change tomorrow? TA is 100 and PH 7.2-7.4

To lower your CYA from 65 to 35 you will need to replace about 40% of your water. Having said that if you stay on top of things 65 ppm CYA is manageable and chances are you are near the end of the swim season. So you may want to try to live with it for now and adjust as needed in the spring, assuming you don't have a heated pool.

That has crossed my mind. I am in Dallas Ga. Plan on keeping it open until water temp is in the 60s so most likely will be open for another 6-8 weeks. I have a Hayward feeder and was using Triclor pucks in it. Should I just back it down and stay with liquid chlorine as needed for the rest of the season? Thanks for the quick reply by the way!!

Awesome! To calculate your additions of chlorine, use a CYA of 70. The scale is logarithmic, not linear, as you can tell from the gradations on the vial. Halfway between 60 and 70 is not 65, but much closer to 70. If you are JUST over 60, you can use 65.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.