Hello...I'm a newbie and I have a question

Aug 26, 2016
Apopka, Florida
Hello...my name is Mari, that's Marie with no E, I am a Florida Native, wife to a wonderful husband, mother to two amazing kids, and the proud owner of a 22ft, steel frame, above ground pool. My husband and I were wanting to sink the bottom of the pool, roughly 1.5 -2 inches in the ground, but we are not sure if we should or not. Any advice or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!

I too live in Fl! I have seen wash out numerous times from a downpour. Your 2" could become 4or 5 quickly! Just a thoughtful observance. Mine sits directly on the ground even though it's exactly 2" out of level. It was a quick and dirty install. We need more info! Thanks Jec

Short answer - yes

Long answer - When you bury an above ground pool (with a few exceptions) it can cause problems. The weight of the earth pushing in can cause the walls to collapse if you ever drain your pool, such as when you put a new liner in. In addition, burying a pool can cause it to corrode faster. When you bury most pools, it also voids the warranty. Now some pools can be buried, they are stronger, and have either a coating or are not made of metal. Having said that, many people have successfuly buried their above ground pools. Now, you said you want to bury it 2 inches. That is not going to cause a collapsing problem,, and unless your soils is allways saturated to the top, it should not be much more a corrosion issue thatn mormally occurs when dirt collects next to a pool. Maybe it will void your warranty, if that matters to you. But, as someone else said, why 2 inches? That is a lot of work and effor, not no real benefit - unless you are trying to match it to an existing deck. I have a 48" pool, and if it ever dies, I plan on getting a 52" and dropping it 4" so it lines up with my current deck.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.