Does intex deluxe edtion maintenance kit contain adapter?

fralo

Aug 25, 2016
Pace/FL
Hi,

I'm considering buying this because my intex pool came only with a pole and the vacuum itself. I do not believe it came with either a vacuum hose or a hose adapter (item #11238 on the intexcorp website) which I need to connect to the intake. Does this kit especially contain this hose adapter, or do I need to buy it separately from intex? Intex support told me it is contained in the Intex deluxe wall mounted swimming pool surface automatic skimmer. But I've heard not great things about the skimmer and am hesitant to buy.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I got one with my pool when I bought my 18' Intex and the vacuum and skimmer kit – vacuum head, hose and skimmer adapter. That adapter you reference is used to screw onto an inlet and then the hose that comes from the bottom of the skimmer slips over it. The over wall skimmer wasn't great, the vacuum attachment was basically a canister that screwed into the bottom of the skimmer and the hose attached to the top. It worked okay if you plugged the other inlet.

Having said that, I would recommend the Hayward through the wall. That came with the skimmer, a vacuum plate and an extra inlet. Great value and awesome performance when the piping is upgraded to 1 1/2" as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.