1st year TFP method

damato300x7

Silver Supporter
May 23, 2016
Latrobe, PA
Our first year using the TFP method is quickly coming to an end. We usually have to close up the pool early (1st week in September) because of how I work. What an experience it has been. Saved a ton of money, learned a lot about pool chemistry, and have had a crystal clear pool the entire season for the 1st time ever. Usually by this time of year we are tired of the time it takes to just keep up with the pool, constantly chasing algae blooms. With this method we have not had one bit of algae the entire season.... NONE! Absolutely love it. I am so glad I found this this at the beginning of the season this year. Here is a pic of our beautiful pool!

Pool.jpg

Thanks for such a great website/forum.

Can you possibly avoid closing the pool until after the water temps stay below 60 degrees and then open when it reaches 60? The odds of opening to a clear pool will be greatly increased (along with some chemical adjustments).

I really wish I could. But if I don't close the first week in September I can't close til the 3rd week in November with no one to add chemicals while I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many congrats on a great first year with the TFP method. Pool looks great!

If we helped you save a bundle of bucks, please consider becoming a TFP supporter with a few of them to help keep the lights on the website and the hamsters running in the wheel fed. It's tax deductible even! Please see link in my siggy line.

Yip :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.