Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please review/critique this pool package, especially the pump and filter setup!

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Please review/critique this pool package, especially the pump and filter setup!

Hi All,

I'm narrowing down a pool package and would like to get some feedback. This will be our first pool so we're not looking to spend a ton of money, but we would like half-decent components. Here's what I've selected so far:

15'x54" Saltwater 8000 Round Pool w/Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer & Return Fitting
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1hp 2-speed pump (#SP15922S)
    Hayward 18" Sand Filter S180T
    15'x54" Round Uni-Bead Portofino Liner - 25 Gauge
    Ocean Blue Mighty Step
    15' Round Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove
    15' Round Space Age Silver/Blue Solar Cover
    Solaxx Saltron Retro Saltwater Chlorine Generator SALRET20A
    Pool Rover Jr

The total so far is about $3400

What do you guys think so far? I'm especially looking for some feedback on the pump and filter setup. I was hoping to find a combo integrated pump/filter system for simplicity's sake and to save money, but they're rarely offered with 2-speed pumps, or if they do the pump is much more HP than I need. However, if you know of one that's under $500 please let me know. Right now the separate pump and filter I listed come out to about $550, not counting whatever accessories I may need to buy to get them to play together.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please review/critique this pool package, especially the pump and filter setup!

That is a great pump for your pool and the filter is plenty big too.

I am not sure there are any combo units that are similar ... usually the pump is too big or the filter is too small.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!