Removing return on Coleman Pool

I'm sorry but I guess there are not many Coleman pool owners here.

Can you post any pictures? I know that with the Intex pools the returns can be different between models.

Heres the deal- We are putting an Intex delux side skimmer on the pool and we aren't sure where the hose connects too. My understanding is that its the outtake - the drain the pushes water out- my husband stated its the in take on the pool- area that sucks the water into the pump- This should be a very easy install and why we can't quite master it blows my mind- I've been on youtube- everywhere and still can't get the basket to just float nice an settled- the blue part tends to pop up a tad more and its really not pulling in many leaves at all- I am using a nice size intex sand filter so there is plenty of power

The skimmer should go onto the suction side of the system.

I found the floating skimmer's performance to be quite lack-luster. More debris would flow by than were caught in the skimmer. I installed a through the wall skimmer, best thing I ever did for the pool. See the link in my signature.

The inner blue part is supposed to float inside the lower outer part. That way it is always right at the surface of the water. Set the lower part low enough so that the inner part can float up and down without coming completely out. The hose in the bottom connects to the port that goes into the suction side of the pump. It's usually the lowest port on the pool. The return side, where the water comes back into the pool, should be the higher one. If you have one of the newer pools with 2 suction ports, you may need to plug one of them to get enough water flowing through the skimmer for it to work properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.