Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing return on Coleman Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing return on Coleman Pool

Is there a trick to removing the return cover on these pools- I've tried loosening the hose clamp etc. Luckly water level is low so no huge mess- I'm trying to install a intex side skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Removing return on Coleman Pool

The one thread not one person knows the answer too! Incredible

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I'm sorry but I guess there are not many Coleman pool owners here.

Can you post any pictures? I know that with the Intex pools the returns can be different between models.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Heres the deal- We are putting an Intex delux side skimmer on the pool and we aren't sure where the hose connects too. My understanding is that its the outtake - the drain the pushes water out- my husband stated its the in take on the pool- area that sucks the water into the pump- This should be a very easy install and why we can't quite master it blows my mind- I've been on youtube- everywhere and still can't get the basket to just float nice an settled- the blue part tends to pop up a tad more and its really not pulling in many leaves at all- I am using a nice size intex sand filter so there is plenty of power

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The skimmer should go onto the suction side of the system.

I found the floating skimmer's performance to be quite lack-luster. More debris would flow by than were caught in the skimmer. I installed a through the wall skimmer, best thing I ever did for the pool. See the link in my signature.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

The inner blue part is supposed to float inside the lower outer part. That way it is always right at the surface of the water. Set the lower part low enough so that the inner part can float up and down without coming completely out. The hose in the bottom connects to the port that goes into the suction side of the pump. It's usually the lowest port on the pool. The return side, where the water comes back into the pool, should be the higher one. If you have one of the newer pools with 2 suction ports, you may need to plug one of them to get enough water flowing through the skimmer for it to work properly.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation