Does anyone have 15 x 24 ft pool?

jkrupp

Aug 26, 2016
Roseville, CA
Hi everyone. First post; my family is in Northern CA and are planning on getting an above ground pool this Winter, to start using next Summer. Most people around here get in ground pools, but we just really don't want to spend that kind of money! We are looking at 15 x 24 ft pool, and I was wondering if anyone has this size, if you can post a picture of it? Every pic I find online is an ad photo and it's so hard to visualize how big it will be, how many can comfortable swim in it.

Thanks in advance!!

10 to 12 kids up to 8 teens.

Teens can be tough on AGPs however. Adding a sunshelf can be really great. (Plastic Shelving from HD weighed down).

Its larger than you think and if you are really going to use it much you need to upgrade the pump and the filter. Adding Solar heat is also a good idea.

Go get extra cardboard from somewhere and build a fence in the shape where you want it. That will give you an idea of the mass.

10 to 12 kids up to 8 teens.

Teens can be tough on AGPs however. Adding a sunshelf can be really great. (Plastic Shelving from HD weighed down).

Its larger than you think and if you are really going to use it much you need to upgrade the pump and the filter. Adding Solar heat is also a good idea.

Go get extra cardboard from somewhere and build a fence in the shape where you want it. That will give you an idea of the mass.

We did pick up some landscaping spray paint but good idea on the cardboard, that would provide an even better visual representation.

Thanks for the reply! We don't have teens, yet, just three kiddos under 5 and my husband and me. Will there be enough room for the kids to swim and splash on one end while the grown ups are on the other? I believe the pool holds about 10k gallons.

15 by 24 with small kids its plenty of room. But also with small kids you want a swim out or sunshelf. So go to HD and but a couple of plastic shelving units weigh them down and stick them in. Vola a sunshelf:kim::kim::snorkle:

Otherwise wife will be doing this: :shark:

We have two kids, 7 and 9, the seven yr old is 49" tall. The 52" pool comes right up to her bottom lip. It's 46" deep. With five yr olds I hope they can tread water. Unless you go with 48" pool that way it will be 40" deep. Alot of the depth is dictated by the height of the skimmer or pump returns/inlets. Just my two cents...we went round and round about depth. Glad I went with 52"!!!

I have a 15x24. It's got 52" walls, water is kept at around 45". As you see, plenty of room for 5 adults and a kid.

16052ABA-62BD-45E6-8147-F4C2F6BB4EC6.jpg

Personally if you are planning to stay in this house at least 10 years, I would get the biggest pool I could fit in my yard. Kids grow and bring friends over. Use flour or a couple of garden hoses to mark the outline of the pool in your yard, then have everyone lay down in the outline with arms outstretched. If everyone can lay in it without bumping into anyone else it should be big enough to splash around comfortably.

... We don't have teens, yet, just three kiddos under 5 and my husband and me. Will there be enough room for the kids to swim and splash on one end while the grown ups are on the other? .....

We have a 15x30 oval AGP, 3 kiddos under 8yrs plus the wife & I. Ours has more than enough room for the family and some kiddos friends. We never tried the sunshelf. But I will say that based on experience, with your 3x under 5yrs, I highly doubt that you will be on one end while they are splashing on the other end. They are just too young for that even if they can swim. :D Good luck

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.