Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't identify the part I need

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't identify the part I need

Hello

I don't know the proper terms.

There's a 2 inch UNION COLLAR that attaches the PVC pipe to the top of my pump. The PVC pipe is 1.5 inch, so the adapter that the collar holds down reduces from 2" to 1.5". I can't figure out what part the adapter is. I need to replace it.

The union collar is part number U11-200PS - 2 inches: Amazon.com: Pentair u11-200ps 2-Inch Union Collar Replacement Pool/Spa Filter and Pump: Patio, Lawn Garden

The 2" version of the adapter, which came with the union collar, is "U11-196PS SLIP PVC". I have found "reducer bushings" of the correct size, but they don't seem to support the ORing.

This is what it came with. Amazon.com: Pentair U11-196PS 2-Inch Slip Union Adapter Replacement Pool/Spa Filter and Pump: Patio, Lawn Garden
    I need the 2" reducing to 1.5" version of that.

Can anyone help me identify what this part is? There are currently 2 in my system, so they exist, but aren't identified. Or, do I use the 2" and use a different part to reduce it after?

Thanks for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't identify the part I need

jaya,

I'm sure it is just me, but I can't really follow what you are after. How about a picture showing what you want, and the surrounding fittings..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

STA-RITE PKG-188 2 SLIP 1/2 UNION KIT - PKG 188, you will have to glue a 2" x 1-1/2" slip reducer into the 2"union

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kadavis View Post
    STA-RITE PKG-188 2 SLIP 1/2 UNION KIT - PKG 188, you will have to glue a 2" x 1-1/2" slip reducer into the 2"union
    Alright, I already have the union kit, so will just need to get the other part. So I'm replacing 2 parts with 3.

Does this look like the right thing?

2 Schedule 40 429-251

Thank you for the help.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

In the Industry