Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: smart phone testing

1. Back To Top    #1

smart phone testing

Just wanted to share this with every one. Converted over to chlorine this year from bacquicil, any one whose has done it knows you go thru a lot of chlorine and a lot of testing. I found this app on google, it's called "Pool Pal". It's free and the author tied it in with readings from here at Troublefree pool.

I don't want to take away anything from the work that went into formulating the 'Pool Math" calculator on this site. That one works great. It's just that I'm a gadget freak and just love this thing
    Looks like someone else mentioned this app. Oh well!
    POOL-24ft Above ground, Vinyl 16000 gal
    FILTER-Hayward EC-40 DE filter
    TEST KIT- Taylor -K2006
    Dolphin Robot Cleaner S50

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: smart phone testing

I use it, it works great and it has all the TFP recommendations. The calculator is much easier to understand than pool math and doesn't require an internet connection.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

doesnt appear to be on Apple store
    there is a pool pal on apple that is for swim club stats

there is a poop pal as well ....
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

4. Back To Top    #4

I loaded Pool Pal (by Pirates Love Bacon) on my Galaxy Note 4 from PlayStore, can Log "Now" and "Goal," Config my pool, but cannot get any calcs from it (like PoolMath >> how much chemical to add). What am I missing?
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

5. Back To Top    #5

i just put now figure in and then target and it inserted what to add underneath. remember to add your pool info on the config page.
    26ft x 13 ft 11000 US gallon inground vinyl lined pool, Triton TR60 sand filter, Pentair 1hp pump, poolexactZ photometer tester, From May to October 90 degrees and above pool in sun all day

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, it does work afterall! Thanks
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)