Sun Ledge Umbrella Hole Issue

SouthFlorida

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Ledge pic.jpg

First time poster, long time lurker :D. I have an issue with my umbrella hole in my ledge (see pic). It is a 2" hole, but has a PVC bushing that tapers to 1 1/2". I have a 2" umbrella from Ledge Lounge that won't really fit. We have a work around for now where we use the LL table to hold it, but it is precarious due to the size of the umbrella, 10'. I asked my PB if he could fix it and he said "I don't think you can find a 2" pool hole [bushing].. you may need to bush it down or have it turned."

Does anyone have any experience with this? I spent a lot on the umbrella and would like to make it work, but not if it costs more than just replacing it with a smaller one with a 1.5" rod.

Thanks!

Do you have one of these:

AquaStar 7-1/2 Umbrella Stands with Sleeve and Center Cap Tan | US108

If not then the PB is an incompetent idiot. Tell him to install one. If you do have one then you need to get an umbrella with a smaller diameter pole.

It looks just like that in white. I think my PB is over me, our project took a long time due to permitting issues, so we've had a long relationship and I think he wants to date other people.

I think you are right, I am just going to repurpose my existing umbrella and buy one with a smaller pole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.