Replacement O-ring for Gizzmo?

Hello everyone. First, I love the forum. It has really helped me learn pool maintenance.

I haven't found an answer to this question. Has anyone replaced the o-rings on Gizzmos so it can be reused year after year? Upon inspection, I noticed that mine cracked (so I don't trust it) and I can't see a reason not to reuse it if I have a proper replacement o-ring.

I don't think I've ever seen a Gizmo with an O-ring, but no reason you couldn't change it. I use Teflon tape on the threads. I do change the O-rings on my winterizing plugs when they crack.

The older gizmos didn't have O rings, the newer ones do and they work well. I don't use them anymore but I found out my local ace hardware just happen to have rubber O ring assortments and they had the size that fit the gizzmos. Try there.

After buying the O-rings above, I realized that they were not quite the same size. They'd probably work, but I didn't want to chance my winterized pool to a thinner and slightly larger o-ring. After measuring with a tape and some calipers, I found out that the two O-rings on my Ultra Gizzmo had outside diameters of 2-3/8" and 1-7/8" and a 1/8" thickness. I ended up buying 227 Buna-N and 223 Buna-N versions of these O-rings. Links are below.

227: 227 Buna-N O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 2-1/8 Scientific
223: 223 Buna O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 1-5/8 Scientific

From researching online it doesn't sound like anyone has a true preference between Buna-N and EPDM O-rings (other than cost). If anyone has a reason to use one over the other, I'd like to hear it. My only concern was it holding up over winter. I plan to replace them annually as long as my gizzmo is in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.