Long story shortened: bought house, pool mess & me newbie, must. algae, dump pool guy, blind shock-lots of bleach (more than you think), swg on max, 1 week later - pool clear, looking good, tf-100 arrived today.... Not good.
PH ~8.0 (test strips)
I'm pretty sure I did the tests right and even re-did the CH. I will recheck again tomorrow. But if it is right, I'm at a loss on where to start getting things fixed. MA? What is the recommended order to tackle this?
Despite these levels, Is it safe to swim? My son's birthday is in 2 weeks and he wants a pool party. Is that going to work?
Also the psi is reading almost 40! I'm going to clean the DE and put in a new pressure gauge this weekend.
Thank you in advance for your help!