Possible Pool Repair

Aug 25, 2016
NJ
My wife and I are considering the purchase of a bank owned home. We went to look at it today and it has an in ground pool that is in some seriously bad shape. Is this something that could be repaired, or is it too far gone? We love the fact that it has a pool, but if we decide to bid on the house we want to be informed. Is this something a local pool company can look at for a fee?
Pool.jpg

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 52
Looks like a steel walled pool. What's the condition of the walls? Are they in good shape?

Is it a concrete floor or a sand floor? I'm hoping sand with the trees growing. If it's sand I think you're ok. You can remove the trees, re-grade and you're on your way. If it's concrete the shell is likely cracked, but with a liner that might not be that bad either.

From my vantage point of looking at one picture I think this is definitely something that's fixable. It probably looks worse than it is from the trees. With a liner in there you'll never know what was there before. A liner will clean a lot of that up quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.