Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all!

I ran through the Aqua-Rite Troubleshooting guide, did the voltage checks (page 9-12)...everything went as discussed in the troubleshooting guide. It advised me to buy a new DSP board. Off to Amazon I go...I just got it today, installed it...and it doesn't work! Same problem. No power lights, no display.

Really kind of upset I spent the money on the board, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dan

Just got off the phone with a Hayward Tech. He had me run through the voltage checks and said I need a new main motherboard. The Hayward troubleshooting guide told me specifically to replace the DSP. All checks done with the Tech were the same, and consistent, with the guide pointing me to the other part. I should have called first, but the guide seemed to be complete and from Hayward...very contradictory advice though.

He said it carries a 3yr warranty. Now do I find a service center and pay for labor...or order the main board and install myself. Any idea what labor could be to replace a motherboard?

thanks,
Dan

I got a quote back on a local pool Hayward Service Center, they said a little over $500 since I already troubleshot with Hayward, it would be more if they needed to troubleshoot. The Hayward Warranty is really worthless when in warranty service is this much money! A new motherboard, on Amazon is $175, if I'm remembering correctly.

I did purchase a new thermister and changed it out...did not correct the problem. Still no lights and no display.

So now, do I go ahead and replace the main motherboard, or purchase a new main unit (minus cell). Voltage checks all seem fine for the transformer checks and rectifier, according to the Hayward troubleshooting manual above. But as I've already found out...the voltage checks supposedly shown the transformer and rectifiers were good. At least the voltage checks in those areas.

I'm at a loss as to purchase a new unit or go ahead with the motherboard.

Further inspection on the motherboard showed no signs of part distress or damage. Motherboard appears, only visually, to have no burnt/blown components and no bulged electrolytic capacitors.

Dan

After buying a whole new unit in 2016 I had to replace the cell once also. Now the unit is showing no power, no led's. I'm getting tired of alternated buying new cells and new units every 3 years. Would I be better served by a Pentair Salt System?

I purchased the main circuit board, it did not come with the display (didn't need it). The board worked beautifully and saved me money of buying the entire unit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.