Deciding on pool finishes, let me hear your thoughts

Aug 23, 2016
Ballston Lake, NY
So we have narrowed it down to about 2 pool builders. I can get one to match the other but they have slightly different options. Both are reputable and have been building pools since the early to late 80s. Building a 14x32" pool, vinyl with 7' deep and 13' shallow end.

Liners - Do I need 27mil all the way around or can I go with the 27/20 or the 20/20? Also do borderless liners allow the natural fading to be more noticeable?
Coping - I'm going with the aluminum coping, one installer offers the bullnose standard and the other a flat (progressive coping) standard. Is this purely aesthetics or is one stronger than the other? Not a lot of data I have found.
Skimmers - do I want one or two. I was told I have the choice.
Automatic Chlorinator vs those Smart Sticks for the skimmer?

Going to do Sand Filter for both. Price is the same really for both companies so these are the little things I need choices on.

Thanks!

The liner material on my steps is textured, the walls and floor is not, noticeable difference in traction. Highly recommend the textured for the steps. Next time I'll do textured throughout because we play volleyball and could use the traction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.