green pool!!!! please help.

Aug 1, 2016
chandler az
I hope I can get some help. my pool had recently turn green and I replaced my DE fileter with a cartridge filter. So, I ran and got the water decent but then all of a sudden it's back to being green. A few days ago I bought 2 lbs out "yellow out" and 4 gallons of chlorine. Ran the filter for 24 hrs and water still green. I also just yesterday cleaned the filters and added 7 bags of pool shock. What else can I do? please help.

Green water is a chemical problem, not a filtration problem. More specifically, you have insufficient chlorine (FC) relative to your stabilizer (aka CYA) level. As stated above, we need a full set of test readings before we can make any suggestions other than to add more chlorine to your pool in the form of liquid bleach.

Hello, unfortunately, we are really going to need a some test results from one of the recommended test kits.
Pool School - Test Kits Compared
TF-100 is the most liked and best value TFTestkits.net

In the meantime, add 2 gallons of bleach now and then about 3/4 of a gallon each day until you get a kit and can post some numbers. Keep you pump running and brush. You mayl get some kill off of the algae with this but you won't be able to complete it until the test kit comes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.