Confused... need help with specific pump recommendation for my system

Aug 9, 2014
TX
Ok so I tried reading the threads and figuring out which pump will work for me but the more I read the more confused I get. My 2HP 1.1SF Century pump bearings are shot so i need to replace the pump asap. The pump is corroded so i dont want to try to replace just the bearings.

I believe this might be the best pump for me, the B2983T. But the low speed worries me that it's enough to push my system. My electric rate in Dallas is cheap .10kwh. I am not interested in the VS pumps. Do you guys think I should go the B2983T or do you think just stick with the original single speed since electric is cheap?

My setup:
32,000 pool with spa attached (circulates from pool to spa), uses same motor for both.

Current motor bad:
Pool/Spa 2HP 1.1 SF

SWG Hayword Swimpure Plus (I do not know the min flow rate to make it work), Triton II 140c sand filter, Filter motor - 2HP 1.10 SF
Decent - 1/2HP motor
Cannon Jets under diving board - 2HP
Cleaner Polaris 260 - 3/4HP motor
Intellitouch System

Well it runs the spa as well so i'd feel safer with a 2HP.

I just read a thread where he used a 2 speed with his SWG on low and it worked well. I need to figure out the lowest rate my SWG flow switch will allow to make sure it will work else I'll be in trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.