Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building a small pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Building a small pool!

I grew up in upstate ny with a pool. My parents had a 16x36 grecian put in with a slide and a diving board and that pool got a lot of use. We were in it constantly. Now I am 35 and pool less (my previous house had a small 12x24 kayak pool that I had no trouble maintaining/using). I learned a lot with that pool. New house didnt have a pool but it has room, albeit not a lot. I dont want to overwhelm the back yard and the biggest pool I can get with full sun is a 14x32.

The choices for a new pool install are daunting. I have to pick liners, radius, depths, coping, etc etc. I made this profile because this site has literally everything pool! Ill post some questions in the other forums! Thanks for having me!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Building a small pool!

Have you researched fiberglass pools yet?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

3. Back To Top    #3

Building a small pool is great. We have a Spool aka Social pool and it is the perfect size for us as it is very easy to maintain. Take a look at the links in my signature for ideas and post lots of pics
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

hey yes I have. I was interested until I saw the cost of the sizes with the dimensions that I wanted. Typcially they are shallower in the deep end and have small shallow ends than I wanted. I am going to max out the slope ratio on my little pool with an 8' wide deep end (7'deep), a 11 foot slope and a 13 foot deep end. I cant get those dimensions cheaply with fiberglass in my area.