Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lightstreams glass tile-how long did it take to get?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lightstreams glass tile-how long did it take to get?

We are looking at "waterline" tile for our pool and I have fallen in LOVE with the glass tiles. Some of the pools I have seen on this forum, in the last few weeks that I have been researching, all have the same thing in common-this tile!! Can anyone that has ordered this tell me how long it took to receive? Does 3 weeks should correct? We have talked to our tile man who says he is experienced in this tile but anything we may need to know about mortar? curing? grout? Thank you!!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Lightstreams glass tile-how long did it take to get?

You may want to have a look at the following build thread:
    Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!!!
    IIRC, Lightstream tiles were used. The lead time was long and the company was still unable to meet their promised delivery time.

Additionally, if you haven't done so already, a forum search may help provide further info.

Good luck on your build. Please consider starting a build thread in the Under Construction forum to document your process and allow us to follow along. We love pictures!!
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I did do a search and find that i get so into everyones build I end up spending hours reading it all! I was just trying to see if I could get any responses in one place so I wouldn't spend so much time reading I will definitely start a thread, could use some help and encouragement as we are doing this DIY!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It sounds like they can have a lot of lead time and delivery delays on a regular basis. If I were on a tight timeline that couldn't afford any slippage, from what I've read, I might go with someone else.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D