Jacuzzi vs Hayward

Aug 25, 2016
Lake Worth
Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on an issue I'm having. I just purchased a new home and it has an older pool system. It's a 30k gallon pool (estimate) with a 1HP Pentair pump, and an old Hayward filter. After the purchase I decided to go with a Hayward 40k SWG system and during the installation was told that the pump needs to be replaced sooner than later.

I've been working with a local vendor who is trying to sell me on a Jacuzzi VSP and a new filter system. I have not been able to find any reviews on Jacuzzi VSP's and am questioning the reliability. I should state that I know nothing about pools, but that being said I have spoken with family members who have always ran Hayward products. My question is this....

Go with a Hayward VSP and filter with a 3 yr warranty, or, go the Jacuzzi route (Same equipment replaced) with a 5 yr warranty? I figured I'd let the pro's here give me some insight. The $$ appears to be the same but I'm looking for the best hardware for long term use.

So Hayward is one of the big three in the pool business. Jacuzzi is not. Thats why you get the 5 year warranty rather than a 3 year warranty. They have to give you the longer warranty to sell pumps.

We don't see that many Jacuzzi pumps so its difficult to say if it will be the same as the Hayward.

So Hayward is one of the big three in the pool business. Jacuzzi is not. Thats why you get the 5 year warranty rather than a 3 year warranty. They have to give you the longer warranty to sell pumps.

We don't see that many Jacuzzi pumps so its difficult to say if it will be the same as the Hayward.

Ok great... My gut instinct was to go with Hayward, but I wanted to be open to better models should they exist.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.