Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: superflo vs communicating to solartouch

1. Back To Top    #1

superflo vs communicating to solartouch

First time poster, thanks in advance for your help.
    I am a first time pool owner as of this past year and learning (mostly the hard way) the intricacies of having a pool. I had a pentair superflo VS installed and went to solar heating with a solartouch panel. In hindsight, I should have gone with an intelliflo but I didn't have the big picture in mind when changing the pump under home warranty. I've read a few threads about a Pentair P/N 353129Z that would allow my pump to automatically increase the speed (need 3000 rpm) when the solar is activated and bring it back down when the solar is inactive. Before purchasing the cable, do I have this correct and if so, are the relays located on the back of the solartouch panel? Could someone give me an idea of which wires I would need to connect into which relays? I've tried reading the manuals for solartouch and superflo but I find myself more confused than before. I've asked my pool maintenance person as well but he seems just as confused. Thanks for your replies.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: superflo vs communicating to solartouch

That is the correct cable. When wired properly it will trigger a the programmed speed on your vs pump. As to how you need to wire it exactly I don't know off the top of my head.
    Chuck-
    15x30 Above ground, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is funded by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

naz,

It does not appear to me that the SolarTouch has any relays that would be needed to control the Superflo with the 353129Z cable. The way the Superflo gets controlled is via relays in the control system. You would need one relay for each speed you want to use. (Up to 4 speeds)..

Sorry,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think the solar touch has a solar pump " booster" relay?

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm trying to figure out this same thing. It looks as though the solartouch does have a solar pump booster relay, but not having a unit...I can't be sure. It would be nice to see a voltage reading as well.

Nazmanster, did you ever try this? How'd it turn out?

thanks
    33' Aqua-Leader AGP
    Hayward cartridge filter and IntelliFlo VS pump.
    Solar Heat coming ; used to own Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Aqua-Rite t-15 SWG