New Pool Owner Potentail Black Algae

I am a new pool owner in Chicagoland and after having kept my pool up to snuff the majority of the summer, these recent storms have me reeling. I think I am dealing with some sort of black algae but after brushing, shocking and using algacide, and brushing lots more, it is still there.

I had a pool guy come out to get a quote on repainting/plastering my pool as there is some paint peeling a way and the floor is getting bumpy and he thinks that the black spots are actually areas in which the cement can be seen through the worn down paint.

Is this even possible? Again new pool owner here!

I have tiny black dots on my vinyl liner. There seems to be more, not getting bigger though. I tried the fingernail test and got nothing! It wouldn't come off! They are a raised dot. My CYA is high( just found out about TFPC, stopped using pucks) and I have kept chlorine high. Adjusted pH. The water is clear. (Had some tan, sandy looking stuff, thought oh no, yellow algae. Turned out sand bag holding steps down has a leak!) Are these dots image.jpgblack algae? I will try to post picture. You may have to enlarge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.