New k2006 test results

Cuatro

Aug 18, 2016
El Campo Texas
About to run info through pool math but here are my real results.
3 ppm FC
.5 ppm CC
8.0 PH
( 4 drops of 0005??)
300 ppm TA
200 ppm CH
1800 ppm salt

gonna run numbers in pool math now. Any advise for a 23,000 gallon liner pool let me know.

Cuatro,

What does your water look like? Unless your water is green or cloudy, or you have visible algae, I would not SLAM right now,

The first thing I would do is bring the FC up to 5 or 6 with bleach and then perform an OCLT.. Overnight FC Loss Overnight FC Loss Test

If your overnight FC loss is less than 1 ppm, then unless you have a visual problem, there should no be a reason to SLAM right now. (Keep in mind that your SWG has to be off to run an OCLT)

I doubt your SWG is working if your salt really is at 1800, I believe that an IC40 requires a minimum of 2600 ppm. Do you have a test for salt??

Adding the MA will reduce our pH down to about 7.1, which is ok for now.

For now, I would not screw with TA or CH until you get the FC and pH under control.

You need CYA to keep your FC from burning off. I suspect you have zero CYA. To get to 40 you will need about 8 lbs. (Not sure where you got 60 oz??)

Jim R.

I will rerun pool math to be sure and post
I dont have info with me.

I do get a sand colored stuff on liner, go a brush it and its very lite and might be algie???

I get info tonight and post
I do have a salt test, came up 1800 ppm
Thanks

You don't need to worry about the CH number if you have a liner pool - that's really only important for plaster pools.

Your TA is quite high which will push the PH up constantly - especially with a SWG pool. This isn't a big deal - just something to expect. Bring the PH down to 7 or so consistently and the TA should come down. That will slow the PH rise and help fight calcium scale inside your SWG (another reason not to add more calcium)

Sounds like you could use a SLAM. Order of business :

1) Lower your PH to 7.2
2) Add some CYA to get up to 30 or so
3) Raise your FC levels to the proper SLAM level and hold them there.

You can add the salt and get the SWG going whenever in this process. Keep it off for OCLT's etc.

Wait until the slam is over before adding more CYA to get to whatever you want to target. We tend to go higher CYA for salt pools - but it's really up to you.

Cya was clear, so about 20 i guess

ran through pool math, looks like i need the following

for a slam
6 gallons of bleach (if 8.25% will raise TC 22ppm in 23K gallons)
87 oz muriatic acid (if 31.45% will lower pH by 0.9 in 23K gallons)
163 oz of calcium chloride (will raise CH 48ppm in 23K gallons)
61 oz of stabilizer (will raise CYA 20ppm in 23K gallons)
310 pounds of salt (will raise salt by 1611ppm in 23K gallons)

anything look out of place?

See my comments in blue above.

Best? Hmmm. 31.45% is the most cost effective... (I almost find the best prices are in the paint section at a big box store.) It is also very strong compared to the alternatives so just be careful with it. I personally don't measure, just guesstimate. I also make sure to be upwind, holdup breath, and wear glasses. You can read more here under pH: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

- - - Updated - - -

Best? Hmmm. 31.45% is the most cost effective... (I almost find the best prices are in the paint section at a big box store.) It is also very strong compared to the alternatives so just be careful with it. I personally don't measure, just guesstimate. I also make sure to be upwind, hold my breath, and wear glasses. You can read more here under pH: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.