Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Inground Spool

Inground Spool

I decided to post some progress and finished pics of our spool. There are not very many examples of them anywhere on the web that I can find.

I still want to get some photos at night with the LED showing different colors (it looks pretty cool). I need to retake the finished photos because, thanks to this forum, my water looks much, much better.
    If you're wondering about the drains on the wall and the jets under the flagstone ledge, those are swim jets for swimming in place. We had them plumbed and had conduit buried for the pumps and blower, but will save that feature for sometime down the road.

Jeff
    3500 gallon IG gunite "spool", white plaster w/ blue quartz
    Intelliflo VF, Pentair clean and clear 320 cartridge filter, Rainbow 320 inline chlorinator
    Jandy AE3000 TR Heat Pump, Eclipse EC-2 ozonator, Hayward Colorlogic LED

Re: Inground Spool

That is really pretty.Love the deck and how it flows so nicely. Your brave though with the trees right next to it. My luck I would never get to swim I would constantly be picking out stuff that fell out of the trees. I cut my trees all around my pool and the neighbors trees seem to find their way to my pool
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

Senior Member The Mermaid Queen's Avatar

Lovely! I love the little river into the spool!

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

I love your spool and the lil river too!
    ~Sharkline~DE~Borated~

Wow. That's cool!!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

I just love the style of your pool. Maybe you might just need to check some of the images of your post, they are not displaying all.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

Your pics have been deleted for some reason. Can you repost them? I would love to see it.
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Your pics have been deleted for some reason. Can you repost them? I would love to see it.
    Me too.
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

Sorry about that. The links have been fixed.

To update: Still loving the spool after more than a year. We've been using the heat pump and solar cover to maintain ~93 degrees since early March. Doesn't seems to effect the bill too much. Still waiting to buy the pumps and blowers for the swim jets.

Thanks for the interest,

Jeff
    3500 gallon IG gunite "spool", white plaster w/ blue quartz
    Intelliflo VF, Pentair clean and clear 320 cartridge filter, Rainbow 320 inline chlorinator
    Jandy AE3000 TR Heat Pump, Eclipse EC-2 ozonator, Hayward Colorlogic LED

Still loving the spool after more than a year.
    When can we come over to check it out? I mean... I just don't wanna take your word for it and all.
    ~Sharkline~DE~Borated~