Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto Vacumn Use

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto Vacumn Use

Hello all...this is my 1st post as I am new to being a pool owner. Recently purchased "Wanda the Whale" for vacuuming/cleaning use for my Intex AG 12x24 ultra frame. After the install , I fear that the GPH (1300) of my Intex Sand filter pump is not enough to 'work the whale'...it did not move Is there a min GPH recommended for Wanda to work properly...? I did not see any info regarding that in the product manual, which was pretty basic.
    Has anyone had similar problem? Thanks
    All The Best
    8400 gallon 12x24 Intex Ultra Frame, Above ground rectangular, 1600 GPH Intex sand filter with separate Intex Cystal Clear SWG, TF-100 test kit, Wanda the Whale

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Auto Vacumn Use

It may be possible. My much more basic Kontiki filter will stop moving on my 2600GPH Intex pump when the sand filter needs a backwash.

Have you tried setting your sand filter valve to recirculate to see if it has enough power without filtration?

I see bug's manual mentions an available vacuum valve to check flow.
    24'x52" vinyl beaded liner, Intex Sand Filter
    Hayward SwimPro LX 1.5 hp
    Kontiki 2 cleaner, Nature 2 (with mineral cartridge removed)

3. Back To Top    #3

I remember reading other posts about this problem, If you do a wanda the whale / intex pump search, you should see allot of subject matter ....
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the referral to previous discussions on this subject. Found some helpful advice to pursue. Although it may indeed be to small a pump to handle Wanda... we'll see.