Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does water flow effect a SWG?

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Diego, CA

Question Does water flow effect a SWG?

I have a variable speed pump. I run my pump at 2500RPM for 2 hours/day and 1000RPM for 4 hours/day for a total of 6 hours. My question is this, does the SWG produce more chlorine at the higher water flow rates than it does at the lower water flow rates? Thanks.
    Pool: 18000 gal w/ spill over spa Pump: 3HP Intelliflo VS 011018 Booster: 1.5HP Sta-Rite Dyna-Max Filter: 300 sqft Sta-Rite System 3 Heater: Rheem RayPak 399 BTUH Chlorinator: ClevaChlor RP30HD Controller: Jandy iAquaLink RS PS8 PDA Cleaner: Pentair Pool Shark Plumbing: 2"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does water flow effect a SWG?

No, the output is independent of the flow rate. You just need to be sure that the flow is sufficient to satisfy the flow switch on the SWG. 1000 rpm isn't quite enough for my system. I have to run at 1250 or more in order to generate chlorine.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit