Aqua Rite Shutting off and on - Maybe a Cell Voltage issue ?

Aug 24, 2016
Baton Rouge
My Hayward Aqua Rite is cycling on and off. My Diagnostic Display for Cell Voltage seems to be an issue. It will rise to about 19.6 and at that point the unit powers off. It drops to .9 then rises to 17 before the unit powers back on. It hits 19.6 and turns off. I found this YouTube video that shows what is happening. This is not me but someone else with the same problem.

Chlorine generator issue - YouTube

Any help would be appreciated. The unit was purchased in Feb 2012. It has the original cell. The software version is 1.58. Cell type is T-15. My cell current is reading zero which is assume is not good. My water temp is also not reading correctly. It says 34 and it's much hotter than that.

Thanks,
Jeff

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delayed response.

SWG cells generally last 3-5 years. Given the varying readings and the bad temp, I am going to guess the cell is failing. You can have it tested at a pool store.

Have you inspected the cell for scaling?

A current of 0 can be normal with the cell is not in its generating cycle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.