3" trichlor tabs in a pulsar 3 feeder???

geneas

Aug 24, 2016
Nassau
Can I use regular old chlorine tablets in a pulsar 3 chlorine feeder. I know it's designed for calhypo brisquets but I live in a remote location and these brisquests just aren't readily avaiailable.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

Never put the wrong kind of tablet in a feeder. If there has ever been cal-hypo sticks in the feeder then it is potentially dangerous to put trichlor tablets in it. Even if there hasn't been cal-hypo sticks the feeder will not provide enough flow to properly erode the trichlor tabs.

If you need to replace the feeder you might consider other sources of chlorine that won't add calcium or CYA to your pool, such as a salt water chlorine generator or a liquid chlorine dosing system.

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm aware of the pitfalls but as I mentioned before my location is remotelling and any change in system is difficult. I have a feeder and can easily get tablets. A different new feeder is just not possible.

The pulsar system has been abandoned for a few years because of the unavailability of briquettes. I've tried to keep chlorine levels consistent but I just can't.

The Pulsar 3 is rated to 250000 gallons so I don't see a problem with not enough chlorine flow.

If I get in there and make sure the unit is properly cleaned can I make it work somehow. I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.