Help with green pool

Robbin

Aug 23, 2016
Concord/NC
I am a fairly new pool owner. It is an Intex pool. I have done pretty good until recently with keeping the pool clear. We went 2 weeks without putting shock in and the pool turned green. I normally use 1 pound per week. I did shocked with 5 pounds and it turned the pool from green to cloudy. I kept the filter on the whole time hoping it would clear up. I waited a couple days tested the water and at first the chlorine was high. All the levels were on the money but it was still cloudy. I called a pool store and was told to use a clarifier. I put in about 2 ounces. The next morning is was back to a light green. I have cleaned the pool and cleaned out the filter daily for 5 days but it is still green. It looks lighter than it did and all levels are reading normal. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a test kit? Do you use chlorine pucks or bleach? Can you post your results like:

FC: ?
CC: ?
PH: ?
TA: ?
CH: ?
CYA: ?

The CYA is pretty important here since it sounds like you're using powdered shock (is that right?). If so, you've been adding quite a bit of CYA which, at a certain point, renders your shock/chlorine almost useless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.