PebbleTec upgrade cost sound reasonable?

Jun 22, 2016
FL
PB quoted me $7,500 to upgrade from Diamond Brite to PebbleTec Pebblesheen for ~600sqft pool and 100sqft sun shelf. The pool is 105 linear feet. Does this sound right? I was expecting more like $3k-$4k.

80 views and no takers? I'd imagine this is a common consideration for pool builds, no? We can't afford $7500 either way but with some good reference points perhaps there is an opportunity to negotiate.

I just got a quote for $7200 stonescapes mini pebble, which I wasn't expecting. I had budgeted more like $6000. That's for 130 linear feet, not sure of the rest. I'm going to have to call around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB quoted me $7,500 to upgrade from Diamond Brite to PebbleTec Pebblesheen for ~600sqft pool and 100sqft sun shelf. The pool is 105 linear feet. Does this sound right? I was expecting more like $3k-$4k.

Does 7500 to upgrade means paying $ 7500 over and above what was already priced out for Diamond Brite?

If it is a straight 7500, I think it is in the ball park.

That would be a high price in California. Part of the reason may be that your PB can do the Diamond Bright himself while he must bring in an authorized dealer for the Pebble-Tec. See if you can cut a deal with the dealer directly.

Remember its an upgrade.

I am from central FL and the upgrade price to pebble finish is NOT reasonable..but it's common. I had multiple quotes for my pool. One company quoted me 8600 for pebbletech finish for I believe a 560 squareft pool. Eventually we found a pool company who quoted us 2700 for stonescape mini pebble finish for a 720 squareft pool! The entire pool build is roughly 35k cheaper than any other company!

As you can see, HUGE differences for people who don't shop around.

Reactions: a0869502

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.