Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PebbleTec upgrade cost sound reasonable?

1. Back To Top    #1

PebbleTec upgrade cost sound reasonable?

PB quoted me $7,500 to upgrade from Diamond Brite to PebbleTec Pebblesheen for ~600sqft pool and 100sqft sun shelf. The pool is 105 linear feet. Does this sound right? I was expecting more like $3k-$4k.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PebbleTec upgrade cost sound reasonable?

80 views and no takers? I'd imagine this is a common consideration for pool builds, no? We can't afford $7500 either way but with some good reference points perhaps there is an opportunity to negotiate.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds pricey imo, but I'm in AZ not FL, so prices may differ. I paid something like 4-5k for mine in a 580~sqft pool.
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

4. Back To Top    #4

yes things like this are often regionally priced.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

I just got a quote for $7200 stonescapes mini pebble, which I wasn't expecting. I had budgeted more like $6000. That's for 130 linear feet, not sure of the rest. I'm going to have to call around.

Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in Southern California and I was quoted $50.00 a linear foot for the mini pebble. Not sure if this helps or where your located....

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by grumpiebk View Post
    PB quoted me $7,500 to upgrade from Diamond Brite to PebbleTec Pebblesheen for ~600sqft pool and 100sqft sun shelf. The pool is 105 linear feet. Does this sound right? I was expecting more like $3k-$4k.

Does 7500 to upgrade means paying $ 7500 over and above what was already priced out for Diamond Brite?

If it is a straight 7500, I think it is in the ball park.
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by philboyj View Post
    Does 7500 to upgrade means paying $ 7500 over and above what was already priced out for Diamond Brite?

If it is a straight 7500, I think it is in the ball park.
    quoted as $7500 upgrade from Diamond Brite.

9. Back To Top    #9

That would be a high price in California. Part of the reason may be that your PB can do the Diamond Bright himself while he must bring in an authorized dealer for the Pebble-Tec. See if you can cut a deal with the dealer directly.

Remember its an upgrade.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

10. Back To Top    #10

I am from central FL and the upgrade price to pebble finish is NOT reasonable..but it's common. I had multiple quotes for my pool. One company quoted me 8600 for pebbletech finish for I believe a 560 squareft pool. Eventually we found a pool company who quoted us 2700 for stonescape mini pebble finish for a 720 squareft pool! The entire pool build is roughly 35k cheaper than any other company!

As you can see, HUGE differences for people who don't shop around.