Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner with Jandy Aqualink RS4

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner with Jandy Aqualink RS4

Is there any reason a Stenner pump would not work with Jandy Aqualink RS4 automation? A Jandy rep has said this would not work and I'd need a separate timer, but he couldn't really give any reason why it would not. He just said certain equipment is not compatible. I could go with a separate timer, but if I can control it with the Aqualink I'd prefer to do that.
    Plano TX - IG gunite pool and spa - 21k gallons - 680 sqft - Travertine paver deck, Lueders coping, pebble plaster, glass tile - Jandy iAqualink automation, VS e pump, CL580 cartridge filter, JXI 400k btu gas heater - Aqua Comfort heat/cool pump - Stenner 10gpd chlorine pump - Savi Melody LED lighting - Maytronics Active 30i robot - TF100
    My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner with Jandy Aqualink RS4

If you have a spare circuit that turns power on / off it will work. You would just hard wire Stenner to that circuit. I just wired my Stenner to a spare circuit with my Pentair Easytouch 8 and now can control it with automation.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

I couldn't think of any reason it would not work, but the Jandy rep was so adamant that I was second guessing myself. Thanks for the reply.
    Plano TX - IG gunite pool and spa - 21k gallons - 680 sqft - Travertine paver deck, Lueders coping, pebble plaster, glass tile - Jandy iAqualink automation, VS e pump, CL580 cartridge filter, JXI 400k btu gas heater - Aqua Comfort heat/cool pump - Stenner 10gpd chlorine pump - Savi Melody LED lighting - Maytronics Active 30i robot - TF100
    My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

That system has 3 aux circuits. As long as one is free, you can use it. If you have a Jandy power center, then you would wire the Stenner to one of the relays. I would wire the relay to an outlet and plug the Stenner in.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.