Pool size calculation

Jul 21, 2016
Salina, KS
Is there a good website that can give me an accurate volume size of my pool? My pool is odd shaped (kind of like a fish) with different depths. I talked to the company that built the pool, and they say between 12K-15K gallons. Or is that close enough that I dont need to worry about the volume?

Amazing oasis you have there!

You can track your pool chem additions and see if you're usually over-shooting or under-shooting the expected change, and then adjust your volume accordingly. PoolMath provides accurate calculations, so this method works well to fine-tune pool volume. You could start in PoolMath with your best guess and go from there.

Pool volume inaccuracy will only cause significant problems with respect to chem additions that can't easily be reversed, such as CYA, CH and salt. Until you're sure of your volume, add 1/2 or 2/3 as much as PoolMath recommends, rather than the full amount. Then you can add the rest if needed, and also gain some information that helps with dialing in the pool volume.

Good thoughts above. If you want to calculate it, I'd use two circles for the basic shapes.
With a pool the shape of a fish, I'd have to name it. Does your pool have a name?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.